"Lettuce" hikers know and follow outdoor rules

7:14 a.m. on September 13, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,165 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article ""Lettuce" hikers know and follow outdoor rules"

When hiking, backpacking, and climbing, you know to always follow the local rules and guidelines, even if they're a tad different from the ones back at home. So the next time you head to Grand Teton National Park, keep the celery phone at home in the crisper. Presumably, lettuce and tomato models are fine if you're going to hike Cascade Canyon. This sign reminded me of the jungle in Hawaii that t...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/09/13/funny-outdoor-signs.html

9:10 a.m. on September 13, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

I am going to be out in Grand Teton later this week, and I am SO looking forward to it!

I would have thought Celery phones would be ideal, since they are clearly sustainable and biodegradable ;)

9:19 a.m. on September 13, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,165 forum posts

You'll have a great time, Gonzan. It is an amazing place.

I'm glad we could warn you about the celery phones in advance.

9:52 p.m. on September 13, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,549 forum posts

Haha....Was that placed as a humorous way to discourage cell phone usage?

Was it a typo?

That's just plain weird, maybe it was made in Asia and the translation was a little off. That will does it ever timey.

Send that in to David Letterman Alicia, he used to do typo signs as part of his show, maybe he still does.

4:16 p.m. on September 15, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,165 forum posts

This sign still makes me laugh.

I was thinking it would be funny to have a book or online gallery of funny outdoor-related signs.

11:11 p.m. on September 15, 2010 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
31 forum posts

So... then Cell Phone are OK?

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply