Book Recommendation: "Peak" by Roland Smith

8:03 p.m. on October 3, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,024 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Book Recommendation: "Peak" by Roland Smith"

Peak by Roland Smith Today's kids: often they're stereotyped en masse as lazy, video game players, suffering from overprotective parents and a lack of natural sunlight and risk; or we hear about extreme examples of uber-outdoor kids who scale the highest peaks in what some see as a form of pushy, parental child abuse. Sometimes we need to stop and listen to the kids themselves and what they think...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/10/03/book-recommendation-peak.html

6:53 p.m. on October 17, 2010 (EDT)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

I bought a book last year from my local Blue Ridge Mountain Sports called The Road More or Less Travelled. When I opened it up I noticed it had the autographs of the authors. Turns out they work at that store! It is a comedy style book telling their tales of their AT thru hike. I don't remeber their names and don't have the book nearby, but I will repost with that info. It was a nice read and made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion! Each "chapter" is a new state they went through. I would definitely recommend it to others!

4:42 p.m. on October 25, 2010 (EDT)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

The authors are:

Stephen Otis and Colin Roberts.

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply