About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Barefoot Hiking: How high can you summit?

4:09 p.m. on May 25, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,910 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Barefoot Hiking: How high can you summit?"

Thinking about joining the barefoot running and hiking movement? Check out our article "How to Run or Hike Barefoot on the Trail" for advice on getting started slowly and safely. Wondering what types of trails and peaks barefoot hikers can really explore? Check out the two barefoot hiking videos below. These are definitely for the highly experienced barefoot hikers. Don't try this your first time ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/05/25/barefoot-hiking-summit.html

1:26 p.m. on June 11, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

My intention is to "hike" at slightly above sea-level ... as in, "on the beach" alongside the Atlantic Ocean, in my bare-feet.

I am planning to spend some time at my former home in "The Hamptons" of Long Island.   "Main Beach", in East Hampton, was just selected (again) as one of the top-10 most beautiful beaches in the world.

Several miles to the East is Montauk Point, with bluffs overlooking the Atlantic.  Not too high, elevation-wise ... maybe 150 ft.

Sorry, Alicia ... that is going to be "how high" my summitting is going to be, barefoot.  My "REAL HIKING" is done with one of my pairs of Fabiano FGL boots.

Could be worse ... 'Ya know?

~r2~

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply