Lucky Penguin Gets Custom Tevas for Life

9:39 p.m. on July 13, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,169 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Lucky Penguin Gets Custom Tevas for Life"

Super cute penguin alert: Lucky the Humboldt and his custom Teva shoe. (Photo: Sheri Horiszny) Last year, Lucky, a Humboldt penguin, was born at the Santa Barbara Zoo with an impaired foot. At the age of two months, he started developing sores from putting pressure on the wrong parts of his foot while he hopped. Zoo vets and keepers looking for a solution began wrapping the penguin’s foot an...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/07/13/lucky-penguin-custom-teva.html

10:46 p.m. on July 13, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Wow, that's customer service, I wish I were a penguin.  Oh wait, maybe in my next life,  if the oceans are still habitable.  ahwwwwwwwwwww.........that's special!!.

1:08 a.m. on July 14, 2011 (EDT)
19 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Pretty cool story!

8:06 a.m. on July 14, 2011 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Great story. At our rehab center, we once needed to fit a red tailed hawk with a pair orthopedic sandals. We named him Birkenstock!

12:42 p.m. on July 14, 2011 (EDT)
255 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Happy Feet

1:17 p.m. on July 14, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

This is definitely a "feel good" story. It certainly brightened up my day. Thanks for firing this out Alicia.

Maybe Teva could come out with a "Lucky edition" line of footwear that carries the same color scheme as the one Lucky utilizes. They could donate a portion of the sales to animal preservation or some other good cause that is related. I would definitely snag up a pair for me and the wife.

Teva makes good stuff. I love my Omniums. Nice to see a company cares not only about its customers but also about the other critters out there. As always good stuff.

1:44 p.m. on July 14, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,169 forum posts

I'm glad you guys enjoyed this story too.

I admit it, I can't help but say "awww..." and smile when I look at the little penguin.

December 26, 2014
Quick Reply