Andrew Skurka at Campmor Retail Store in Paramus NJ, March, 30 & 31, 2012

1:04 p.m. on February 13, 2012 (EST)
RETAILER
5 reviewer rep
47 forum posts

Andrew Skurka, long distance, Ultimate Hiker will be appearing at the Campmor Retail Store in Paramus NJ, Friday, 3.30.12 @ 7PM & Saturday, 3.31.12 @ 10:30AM. He will be speaking about his "Circling the Yukon" Alaska trip on Friday 3.30.

On Saturday, 3.31 he will be speaking about gear and How-To do it based on his new book the Ultimate Hiker's Guide - Tools & Techniques to Hit the Trail". He will show slides from his trips and take questions. with over 30,000 miles under his belt this should be fun and informative.

The talks are FREE. Seating is limited so arrive early. Books will be available for sale. Autographs only on books sold that day.

Campmor Retail Store - 810 Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ 07652 - 201 445 5000. This will be Andrew's only metro NJ appearance. Don't miss it.

7:19 p.m. on February 13, 2012 (EST)
9 reviewer rep
119 forum posts
Re: Andrew Skurka at Campmor Retail Store in Paramus NJ

I loooooove Campmor.  Bout 45 minutes from me.  Nice!

5:17 p.m. on February 15, 2012 (EST)
5 reviewer rep
14 forum posts
Re: Andrew Skurka at Campmor Retail Store in Paramus NJ

Awesome it's not too far from me. I'm interested!

9:21 a.m. on March 19, 2012 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

Andy just left Lafayette, Louisiana where he gave two great programs.  We've bestowed upon him an honorary "cajun" title for bravely trying the fabulous spicey food.  Get there early to this event.  Andy packed both of the Lafayette programs.  He really is a great person to be with.

2:06 p.m. on March 20, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
755 reviewer rep
1,224 forum posts

Guyz,

Just saw the Alaska slide show last night here in Knoxville...outstanding. I'm going to try and go back for the "gear and skills" seminar tonight, although I'm not sure I'll ever go that light. A 7 pound base weight sounds good and all, but frameless packs? I don't know...just sounds a little painful to me. I'm going to grill him (in a friendly manner) on that tonight if I get to go. :)

8:56 a.m. on March 21, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,990 forum posts

FYI, for those of you who can't make it to his book tour, we're giving away three copies of Andrew's new book:

http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2012/03/16/win-andrew-skurka-ultimate-hikers-gear-guide.html

9:46 a.m. on March 23, 2012 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

Patman said,

I'm not sure I'll ever go that light. A 7 pound base weight sounds good and all, but frameless packs? I don't know...just sounds a little painful to me. I'm going to grill him (in a friendly manner) on that tonight if I get to go. :)

I know what you mean, but the guy has great arguements for his choices.  Remember, his sole objective is to hike.  He gets up packing and is on the move almost imediately.  He averages between 18-30 miles per day.  Tough to smell the roses:P

I use a frameless pack also.  You just have to really put everything in its place for it to fit right and feel good.  Remember too, his Golite Jam only weights 2 pounds.  That's a 5 pound difference from my old Osprey Argon 70.  [5 lps!]

10:50 a.m. on March 28, 2012 (EDT)
RETAILER
5 reviewer rep
47 forum posts

Just a reminder that Andrew Skurka will be at the Campmor Retail Store in Paramus NJ Friday night, 3.30.12 and Saturday morning, 3.31.12. If you can't make it it will be on Google + HANGOUTS live.

Campmor's Google+ Hangout information.
http://gphangouts.com/google/hangout/general/104406860593899698451/

But we hope to see you there. Come early and consider a carpool as seating and parking is limited and FREE.

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply