View/ Download Original

8:30 p.m. on November 20, 2011 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Has anyone seen this feature? Just look at photos, then click on view/download original. Image gets much bigger, then you can zoom in! A great feature. Well done.

5:12 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,298 forum posts

It's been available for quite a while. The editor used to have a statement about clicking on the images at the top of most articles.

However, remember that all the photos are copyrighted, most by the original photographer. So you can not use them other than viewing them, unless you get permission in writing from the copyright owner, and in general provide compensation. They appear on Trailspace in accord with the statement that appears in Trailspace's rules of use -

15. Respect copyrights.
Post only your own original content. Do not post images, news articles, gear reviews, or any other published or copyrighted content without permission. Give proper credit when quoting sources.

5:52 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

What I thought cool was to be able to zoom in on parts of the photo. Dang you can see stitching on a tent. This is very nice looking at reviews and just catching the back ground of differant pics.

I have seen some of my pics show up on ebay. Can I sue? LOL

7:42 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,298 forum posts

mikemorrow said:

I have seen some of my pics show up on ebay. Can I sue? LOL

Yes, you can. A friend of mine has a project photographing wild mustangs, mostly for a "save the mustangs" organization. A couple of her photos were entered by another person in a photo contest, one winning a sizeable prize. She has a suit against the person in court right now, and it appears that she will be collecting the prize money, legal costs, and treble damages.

Copyrights are serious business. That's the reason for Trailspace rule 15, and why several posters have received PMs reminding them. The way the law reads, Trailspace is not liable, since the notice is posted and people have been warned. But the person posting is liable.

Besides, posting or reproducing copyrighted material is theft under the law, as well as being unethical. Just like downloading music without paying is illegal without permission.

Just because it appears on the Internet does not mean it is in public domain.

8:36 a.m. on November 22, 2011 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Your friend should win that suit hands down. As far as my pictures being on Ebay I would have to prove that they made profit from that picture. And to tell you the truth it would be a large sum of money, from me. to do this. I usally just thank them for using my picture. And wish them well on their auction.

Now if I were to go into a Art show and see a copy of one of my paintings! They will pay!

9:54 a.m. on November 22, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
945 forum posts

No need to file a lawsuit. If somebody is reproducing your copyrighted photos or other material online, you can file a DMCA complaint with the hosting site or service provider (eBay, in this case) to get it taken down. Most sites (including Trailspace) have info about the procedure linked from their Terms of Service or "About" section.

2:34 p.m. on December 3, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I have a question I cant upload pictures for my computer to traispace some one hel me

4:54 p.m. on December 3, 2011 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Glad to see you got it working. Nice pictures. Welcome to TS

September 30, 2014
Quick Reply