Trip Reports list in Profile

3:19 p.m. on May 14, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

In the course of conversation and helping others with questions, I often want to look up a specific trip report of mine or someone else's. I have found it is sometimes quite difficult to locate the one I am looking for. 

So that got me to thinking that it would be great to have a list in each of our profiles with all the trip reports we've posted, much like the list of gear reviews. 

Do you think would be possible, Dave?

3:28 p.m. on May 14, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I think this would be pretty cool honestly. It can take a bit of searching to locate a tr. I know if you can remember a few key words from a tr title it helps on the search bigtime.

6:49 p.m. on May 14, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,302 forum posts

Mine would quite a read!

8:00 p.m. on May 14, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,518 forum posts

WOW! That is a great idea. It also just makes it easy as we know more about each other where we might look for trips in a region we know where someone usually packs/hikes.

10:39 p.m. on May 14, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Just think what a great resource Tipi and Patman's reports all in a list would make for someone planning trips just about anywhere in the mid and southern Appalachians! 

8:59 a.m. on May 15, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,861 reviewer rep
1,319 forum posts

+1

2:19 p.m. on May 15, 2012 (EDT)
1,367 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

Great idea!

6:32 a.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

This is a cool idea. Profile pages are due for a refresh at some point here, and this might be a nice addition.

9:41 a.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Sweet! 

11:38 p.m. on May 18, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,314 forum posts

On a tangentially related topic, I often wish the 'content' list was under the Profile section rather than the Account section. To me (and what I typically see on forums) 'Account' is where I adjust personal settings like username, password, subscriptions, etc, and 'Profile' is where things about the user are listed, including their posts, etc.

There's undoubtedly a good reason for it being organized the way it is here so I'm probably overlooking something :-)

5:06 p.m. on May 23, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,311 forum posts

Gonz, I liked the idea so much I went ahead and listed mine in my profile! Whew...yikes....don't wanna let the wife see that list and think about it too much. :)

12:47 p.m. on May 24, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Patman said:

Gonz, I liked the idea so much I went ahead and listed mine in my profile! Whew...yikes....don't wanna let the wife see that list and think about it too much. :)

This is a good idea Patman. I am going to do this as well. 

7:51 a.m. on June 19, 2012 (EDT)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

GREAT IDEA!  This would be very helpful if it's doable. 

Patman, Damn quite the list you got going there!  :)

Rick, man your going to have to do better then that! :D

But just wait until Tipi and Gary have there list up! 

Wolf

10:14 a.m. on June 19, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Wolf, yeah, Patman puts 99.9% percent of us to shame with his mileage and bag nights :)

Patman said:

Whew...yikes....don't wanna let the wife see that list and think about it too much. :)

Hahah! Some things are better left alone :)

10:25 p.m. on September 7, 2012 (EDT)
1,367 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

Is there some quick and easy way to do that? Like, is there a list somewhere I can just cut and paste?

9:35 p.m. on September 9, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

Probably the easiest thing at the moment would be to cut-and-paste the links to your TRs into the "About you" section of your profile.

9:10 a.m. on September 10, 2012 (EDT)
1,367 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

The only problem with that, Dave, is that I would have to go through over 500 postings to select the TRs.

Probably the best way to set it up would be if TRs were compiled on the 'account' page in the same way that gear reviews are.

11:52 a.m. on September 14, 2012 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
78 forum posts

love this idea. i've personally gone through all of patman's tr's , as that is the area i will be hiking most. but to see everyone else's would be fantastic, all in one place. it would let us know as much about a person as anything in a profile would. hope to be filling my tr quota soon.

12:02 p.m. on September 14, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I've actually listed a few of my more recent ones. If someone does a lot of short trips it could make for one heck of a long list to say the least. 

Hmmmmm....

Dave, could there be some type of section added as to where an individual could maybe enter the trip reports by year for instance?

This might give it a cleaner more condensed look while still making them easily accessible.

10:49 p.m. on September 19, 2012 (EDT)
1,367 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

Dave, could there be some type of section added as to where an individual could maybe enter the trip reports by year for instance?

Sure, that would work fine. It seems to me that while everyone has an  opinion on everything (especially me!) it would be helpful to be able to link that clearly with the kind of hikes someone does and how much experience they actually have.

12:21 p.m. on September 25, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
173 forum posts

Patman said:

I just discovered this feature yesterday and was jealous of all the trips you have listed. Must be nice to live so close to the mountains of East Tenn.

at least your wife went with you on one trip

3:47 p.m. on October 16, 2012 (EDT)
1,367 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

I bit the bullet and added a list of TRs to my profile. Thanks for the suggestion, Patman.

November 28, 2014
Quick Reply