Private messaging using iPad

1:36 p.m. on July 8, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

Dave, just an FYI: I noticed that when I use the Private Message function here from my iPad, when I type my reply to a thread and press Send, the message gets sent & appears properly in the message list, but the text of the message also still appears in the composition box.

Not a big deal, though before I realized what was happening I ended up sending a reply twice (when I saw the text in the composition box I thought it hadn't been sent yet).

It doesn't happen with forum posts like this one, just private messages. Though there's a different issue in forum posts (like right now editing a post I just made)... the raw HTML is showing up in the composition box.

This is with Safari on the "new iPad" running iOS 5.1.1.

6:21 p.m. on July 8, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Same thing on my Droid Bill. When I send a pm the message is still sitting in comp box after it is sent.

If I want to send an addition to the previous message I either have to clear the box or go to home then back to messages and go from there...

10:34 a.m. on July 11, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
946 forum posts

Thanks for the heads-up, Bill. I'll look into this.

(Seeing HTML when editing on mobile is a known issue, related to iOS's lack of support for rich-text editors.)

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply