Multiple Pages

2:03 p.m. on October 5, 2012 (EDT)
225 reviewer rep
1,196 forum posts

Would it be possible to have a thread with multiple pages if needed?  Some threads get mighty long with long scrolling.  Why not have pages??

1:58 a.m. on October 7, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

If threads were to be broken into pages I hope there'll be a "display all" link prominently available at the top of the page for those of us who prefer it this way.

Another way of dealing with the scrolling (I notice it when browsing Trailspace on my iDevices) would be to have a "go to bottom" or, even better, a "go to first unread" button at the top of the page.

11:18 a.m. on October 8, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Hi Tipi, I'll pass your question on to Dave.

7:56 p.m. on October 9, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,495 forum posts

Some forums do break long threads up into pages with page links numbered at the bottom of each page. There are usually various tools which help you navigate long threads, tools like Today's Posts or Unread posts.

I have also been on forums that have so much going on in the way of tools, etc. that the forum looks really cluttered.

Mike G.

9:18 a.m. on October 11, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
946 forum posts

As Mike hints, we've tried to keep the Trailspace interface fairly clean and free of extraneous doodads. However, we also recognize that the current setup is less than optimal, especially in the case of longer threads. I like some of the ideas here and will look into them; though with 80% of threads clocking in under 15 posts, I can't promise it will be a rush job.

October 24, 2014
Quick Reply