About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Review comments.

10:05 a.m. on June 24, 2013 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Ya know, every now and then an idea pops into my head in regards to little things that I think would make things somewhat easier here at Trailspace. 

A bit back some of you may have read my last post in regards to an idea that I had on the subject of review updates & exposure.

For those of you that haven't had the opportunity to read it here is a link:

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/feedback/topics/146432.html 

So I am sitting here looking at my reviews and I noticed that I received an upvote and a comment on my Anjan 2 review. 

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/hilleberg/anjan-2/#review25589 

... and my gears started spinning again. 

Without my looking at the review I would have had no idea that a comment was posted on my review of this tent. Also the comment is more of an inquiry than it is a comment so it should most certainly receive a reply. 

So I am going to get to the point on this one. 

Is there anyway that the comment feed could be integrated into our personal message notification so we have an idea that there is a new comment/inquiry in the comment section of our reviews?

This would give us the opportunity to address any questions or concerns in a timely manner. 

It just seems as though it would be much more user friendly that having to go on a scavenger hunt to see if anyone has posted on our reviews.

Thoughts? 

Thanks in advance,

Rick

11:53 a.m. on June 24, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
924 forum posts

Review comments are supposed to trigger email notifications to the reviewer (and anyone else who's commented on the review). Are you not getting those?

12:23 p.m. on June 24, 2013 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Nope, no email Dave. I just looked again to make sure. 

5:02 p.m. on June 24, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,723 reviewer rep
590 forum posts

I've never gotten one either. I do get a message if someone comments on a review.

5:04 p.m. on June 24, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
924 forum posts

Hmm. Seems to be working properly here. The notifications may be in the same message as notifications for your forum subscriptions (subject: Trailspace Notifications) under the heading "New Comments."

5:07 p.m. on June 24, 2013 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Hmmmm. I will take a looksy. 

April 24, 2014
Quick Reply