Ads on my trailspace pages

11:25 p.m. on July 19, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,080 forum posts

Why/how is it that when I search for things like bikes online, then come to TS I see ads for the items I was researching? The same name brand products I was looking at.

10:27 a.m. on July 20, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,366 reviewer rep
373 forum posts

This site has ads?  I had no idea ;)

4:09 p.m. on July 20, 2013 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

They're (Google) tracking you Gary.

Have you tried private browsing?

Which OS & Browser are you using?

5:20 p.m. on July 20, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,080 forum posts

My laptop is a Google Chrome by Samsung, it always opens to Gmail, tho I use Yahoo mail.

2:38 p.m. on July 22, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
938 forum posts

On some pages of Trailspace we serve ads provided by Google's AdSense service (and/or other advertising networks). Which specific ads are shown in those spaces is determined by the advertising network. In some cases they will display ads that are relevant to the Trailspace page you're viewing. In other cases they will display ads that are relevant to your browsing habits or demographics.

What you are describing is retargeting, wherein ads are shown to people who have previously visited the advertiser's website.

You can learn more about the ads that Google serves, and change your Google ad settings -- including opting out of what they call "interest based ads" by clicking on the "AdChoices" icon (a small turquoise triangle) that appears near the top-right corner of most of these types of ads.

7:52 p.m. on July 23, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,325 reviewer rep
1,206 forum posts

So whats it mean then if someone gets lots of ads for Russian brides?  Cuz, um, a friend of mine gets those some times.  LOL!

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply