9:29 p.m. on August 24, 2013 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
603 forum posts

I am trying to search for a specific topic in the forums to see what other people may have had for questions or discussions. When I search for that topic in the search bar, it does not give me one single forum discussion post. It gives me all gear reviews that may have some form of the words in the review some where.

Is there any way to search for a keyword within forums instead of seeing all these gear reviews?

For example, if I try searching for "Mt. Rainier" I come up with 10 pages of gear reviews with not one single forum discussion.

Any suggestions?

10:52 p.m. on August 24, 2013 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,258 forum posts

Maybe you can ask for "Mt Rainier forums" or "discussions of Mt. Rainier."

8:21 p.m. on August 25, 2013 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
603 forum posts

nope all reviews still

9:03 a.m. on August 26, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

You can search just the forums on Google, Bing or Yahoo, using this syntax:

mt rainier site:trailspace.com/forums

11:13 a.m. on August 26, 2013 (EDT)
1,367 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

Is there no other way to do it, Dave? 

What if I want to look for 'Hiking Trails in Yosemite'? I can do it via Google, but that won't give me a list of trip reports from Trailspace.

1:04 p.m. on August 26, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

To search the forums via Google et al, just add "site:trailspace.com/forums" to any query.

You can use the same syntax to search specific forums. To search just the trip reports forum, fro example, add "site:trailspace.com/forums/trip-reports"

8:46 a.m. on September 6, 2013 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,523 reviewer rep
872 forum posts

That's good to know! Thanks, Dave.

November 28, 2014
Quick Reply