Spell Check?

10:44 a.m. on October 25, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP REVIEW CORPS
2,003 reviewer rep
476 forum posts

If this has come up before, pardon my redundancy, but is there any way to incorporate a spell check tool into the toolbar at the top of message and review boxes?

I try to be diligent about it, but - especially with posts or messages of length - it sometimes gets away from me.

11:23 a.m. on October 25, 2013 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

This is just a fellow member suggestion, but most browsers have a spellchecker option built into them, and you might be able to turn that on. 

I have no idea about the possibility of one built into the site, Dave will have to answer that one. 

3:20 a.m. on October 26, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,339 reviewer rep
431 forum posts

Eric,

Like gonzan said...my browser has a basic spell-check function..but you could always construct your review and message in MS Word (or whatever you use) and then copy and paste it...but honestly...I simply expect some errors in quick replies and what have you.

10:18 p.m. on October 26, 2013 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,346 forum posts

When I am not sure the spelling of a word, I open a new seach and spell it the way I think its spelled then see the correct spelling in the list shown as possible searches, then retype it where I am using the word.

9:04 p.m. on October 27, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

At least for reviews, it tends to work well to write the review in a local text editor, then copy/paste it into the review "box" on the site.  That way you have all the usual text editing tools available when composing & editing the review prior to posting it.

I like working this way anyway because I can work on the review in stages rather than having to complete it in one TS sessions.

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply