Upload issues?

11:11 p.m. on March 22, 2014 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,522 reviewer rep
898 forum posts

I haven't been able to upload any photos to the site today. I've had to upload them to my FaceBook account and then link to them. Is it me or is something going on?

9:28 a.m. on March 23, 2014 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
952 forum posts

We made a few "under-the-hood" changes to the photo system last week. Nothing that should have affected your ability to upload, but it's possible we introduced a bug.

What's happening when you try?

11:34 a.m. on March 23, 2014 (EDT)
225 reviewer rep
4,364 forum posts

I just wrote a reply and then tried to post a picture to see if it would work for me, but it still doesn't. It brings up a grey box with a unhappy face saying it would not open.

12:25 p.m. on March 23, 2014 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,522 reviewer rep
898 forum posts

Dave, when I click on "Insert" on a new upload, the pop up window goes to the TS homepage.  The picture doesn't upload.

I've tried it on two different computers, and Gary's description in his thread sounds the same as mine.

1:58 p.m. on March 23, 2014 (EDT)
351 reviewer rep
287 forum posts

I could't upload directly into a thread response either. This was a couple days ago. I was having the same problem as goose. I had to open my profile and upload there and then i went and made my response and picked on existing pictures rather than new upload.

11:26 p.m. on March 23, 2014 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
952 forum posts

Thanks for reporting this, guys. It should be fixed now, although you may need to clear your cache and/or restart your browser.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

11:00 a.m. on March 24, 2014 (EDT)
225 reviewer rep
4,364 forum posts

077-Gary-with-Moose-antlers-in-the-Teton

Test image, it worked!

Me with Moose antlers I collected and sold here in Jackson WY a few summers ago. Made $387 from them. $16 a pound. In the spring and early summer I get out and look for antlers,moose,elk and deer and sell them for cash. A popular past time for many here in the spring/summer.

5:14 p.m. on March 25, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,622 reviewer rep
5,396 forum posts

When I was posting my SOTO review, I had the same thing happen as GOOSE. I found the workaround was to go to my profile and open my gallery and albums, then upload the images there, and from there, insert the image in the form of a link to my images. A bit of a nuisance, but I havegenerally found it better to upload all the images for a review or trip report to my albums, then post the text and link the image URLs in.

December 26, 2014
Quick Reply