Trip Reports

2:16 p.m. on May 17, 2001 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
941 forum posts

A couple recent posts in the rec.climbing.useful forum have gotten me thinking about trip reports.

One readily apparent problem with posting trip reports to the forums is that they quickly become "yesterday's news," buried under newer postings and eventually purged from the site. It's a lot of work to write up a good trip report, and disappointing to see it rapidly disappear.

One approach would be to add a special "trip reports" section to the site, where people could post trip reports that would be sorted and indexed somehow (by location, date, etc.) so that they would be easily accessible and wouldn't disappear after just a short time.

Is this something people are even interested in? Would such a system make you more likely to post reports of your trips? If so, what sort of features would make it most useful? I'd love to hear any feedback that you may have.

-Dave

3:44 p.m. on June 6, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

I'd love to see a specific location for trip reports. Wouldn't need to be too complicated. Even if they aren't separated according to region, they'd be easier to find than scrolling through the regular board.

11:40 a.m. on March 27, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Lexi Communications had a very useful "Views from the Top's" forum where people could report trail conditions. Their site is now closed but they reported that the forum was being relocated at trailspace.com. Has it been relocated? When will it be available?

10:08 a.m. on March 28, 2002 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
941 forum posts

This is news to me. I believe that Darren is still running the trail conditions portion of VFTT, but is asking people to post their longer trip reports to the "Northeast Q&A" newsgroup. Of course, you're also welcome to post your trip reports here at trailspace in the rec.backcountry.useful or rec.climbing.useful forums. We may also add a separate Trip Reports section at some point in the future.

Quote:

Lexi Communications had a very useful "Views from the Top's" forum where people could report trail conditions. Their site is now closed but they reported that the forum was being relocated at trailspace.com. Has it been relocated? When will it be available?

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply