formatting

10:03 a.m. on April 15, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Scott, Scott M

Why has the formatting of the paragraphs gotten so weird. It like every line is being centered rather than just leaving it in paragraph form.....

10:29 a.m. on April 15, 2003 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
945 forum posts

Hmm, I haven't made any changes lately and everything looks normal to me. I'll see if I can track down any bugs, though.

Did this just start or has it been appearing that way for a while? Is it happening on all pages of the site or just a few certain pages? Do you know what browser/version you're viewing the site with?

Is anybody else out there having the same problem?

12:02 p.m. on April 15, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Hmm, I haven't made any changes lately and everything looks normal to me. I'll see if I can track down any bugs, though.

Did this just start or has it been appearing that way for a while? Is it happening on all pages of the site or just a few certain pages? Do you know what browser/version you're viewing the site with?

>>>> I first noticied it a couple of weeks ago, not sure the exact date. I have MS Internet Explorer.

Quote:

Is anybody else out there having the same problem?

>>>> Yes, I am. Though it seems more a distraction than a "problem." I think it has someething to do with how the page is viewed because I went back to previous postings that I knew were in the normal format from two or three months ago, and those old postings now appear in the new format. That is, every line is now centered on the page instead of justified left-hand margin in normal paragraph mode.

12:08 p.m. on April 15, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Dave, a little more info. I notice that not only is the text of a post centered on the page but so is the "Name" and "Subject" lines. Thanks for providing the great service of maintaining this site. I have learned (and used) alot of valuable information.

3:33 p.m. on April 15, 2003 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
945 forum posts
Any better now?

It looks like Internet Explorer 6 had a bit of a problem with the site's style sheets. It *should* be fixed now, although you may need to reload the site or restart your browser to see any difference.

4:11 p.m. on April 15, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
it is centering each line of text.....

but I gotta tell ya, I like it!

Oh well, whattya expect from an art school graduate.

5:44 p.m. on April 15, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

So Who's to Say What's Normal?

Everything's back to normal now for me, meaning that the text is now justifed left-hand margin.

October 2, 2014
Quick Reply