About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

email addresses

12:43 p.m. on February 25, 2007 (EST)
(Guest)

I just tried to write a want ad, but it was rejected because I entered my email address as (my name) at (my isp) dot net. In other words, I didn't enter it (my name)@(isp).net. Why? Because I don't want spam bots mining my email address! But your form won't let me guard against this by entering my address in a way that humans understand (at least humans who have IQ's of over 100) but that protects me against loathsome people who want to spam me. Can't you fix this by not rejecting email addresses from people like me who are being a bit creative out of necessity? (Ironically, I am forced to use a complete email address to post this.)

10:36 p.m. on February 25, 2007 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
924 forum posts

While Trailspace requires a properly formatted e-mail address in order to post in the forums, we also take a number of measures to protect your private information, including only displaying email addresses to registered members of the site. The general public (and particularly spam bots) do not see your address.

For additional privacy protection, you can register as a member. Once registered you can post using your chosen username instead of your email address, and you can also choose to keep your email address private, hidden from members and non-members alike.

1:09 p.m. on February 26, 2007 (EST)
(Guest)

OK, thanks.

April 21, 2014
Quick Reply