intermittent trouble accessing reviews

4:05 p.m. on September 1, 2007 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

Hi -

I don't know if you're aware of this, so here goes. On a couple occasions I've found myself unable to get to reviews for a given product. It happened again just now. Here's how:

1. from somewhere else on the site (in this case I was reading about the Gregory Whitney pack here:
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/gregory/whitney/

2. In the search box in the upper right corner, I typed "kelty coyote".

3. I selected the first link under the "web" results.

4. That took me to the Kelty Coyote review page. It said there were 8 reviews. When I either scrolled down, or clicked on the "reviews by 8 trailspace users" link, all I saw were the vendor overviews. The reviews weren't accessible.

Unfortunately, when I repeated these steps to document the issue for you, I couldn't reproduce it. The reviews are visible now.

But I thought I'd let you know anyway.

9:04 p.m. on September 3, 2007 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
951 forum posts

Thanks for the heads-up. A couple questions:

Was there anything at all below the retailer descriptions ( "Where to Buy", Similar Products, page footer, etc.) or did the page just seem to be cut off at a certain point?

Have you only noticed this when using the search, or has it happened when accessing pages other ways as well?

Thanks!

11:04 p.m. on September 13, 2007 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

Dave, I've only noticed it when doing a search.

I reproduced it just now. I searched for Kelty Redwing 3100, then from there searched for Osprey Crescent 85. When the Osprey page opened, it displayed part of the page, then stopped.

It displayed everything normally down to here:

skis in the traditional A-frame style. StraightJacket compression wings allow you to securely compress the contents of the pack whether full or nearly empty, without sag or load distortion. Top lid has a single compartment and features a waterproof zipper plus lash-on points."

From EMS:
"Designed to haul heavy loads with ease, the Crescent Osprey 85 is a h

and that's all it displayed.

3:48 p.m. on September 20, 2007 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
951 forum posts

Sorry for the delayed response. I've looked into this and I don't see anything strange happening on this end. I dug through the server logs and it looks like the server sent the whole page to your browser, so it *should* have displayed properly. Maybe something funny going on between here and there, but odd that it would only affect pages accessed via search.

I'll continue to keep an eye out for this. If anybody else out there is experiencing similar problems, please post the details here so that we can investigate further.

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply