Error 404

5:05 p.m. on August 29, 2008 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

I have been getting "PAGE NOT FOUND Error 404" messages when I click on individual posts in a thread. No problems when I click on the thread itself. Am I alone?

Thanks for a great site! I have few people around here into backpacking to talk with.

8:46 p.m. on August 29, 2008 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
941 forum posts

Thanks for the heads-up. We made some changes under the hood yesterday and apparently introduced a couple glitches. I've fixed a couple issues -- hopefully including yours. If you're still having problems could you post an example URL that's giving you trouble?

Also, thanks for adding so much to the conversation around here!

10:08 p.m. on August 29, 2008 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Yes Dave, it is fine now.

9:00 a.m. on August 31, 2008 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

I had the same prob. for a day or 2, but it works fine now.

Any chance there will be a photo button added in the future? Most other forums have the capability. It would be great to be able to post pics of trips, repair ideas, gear for sale, etc.

11:53 a.m. on September 2, 2008 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
941 forum posts

f_klock, that's something we're working on. I'd hoped to have it done months ago, but after a couple false starts we came to the realization that we needed to make some significant changes to our back-end infrastructure to be able to fully support some of the features we want to add. So I've been involved in a fairly comprehensive rewrite of the entire backend of the site. We're also working on implementing many of the ideas that you and others suggested last fall. Hopefully we'll start rolling out some of those this month.

7:48 p.m. on September 2, 2008 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Sounds great!

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply