More "other gear"

12:18 a.m. on September 1, 2008 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I am new to this site, and it looks as though it is geared mostly toward backpacking, but is also trying to include product information for camping, as well. While I am interested in backpacking, and have done a bit of it in my time, I also enjoy camping, and would like to have an easier time navigating reviews of camping equipment. For example, I submitted a review of the Cabela's Camp Kitchen, which is really a whole kitchen (counters, pantries, and sink) that can be used for car/truck camping. Since the only options for outdoor cooking were stoves and cookware, I put it under cookware, though I don't really think that's where it should be. I also reviewed the Ozark Trail Shower / Utility Room and placed it under tents / tarps & shelters, though it should probably be listed elsewhere, as well. Even if there were just subcategories of "other" for each of the major categories, it would help, and I would have placed these reviews there.

I really like the site, and love all the equipment reviews, which is why I am eager to provide reviews of my own for the products I have used. I think this information is very useful, and therefore, I am glad I found Trailspace.com

11:48 a.m. on September 2, 2008 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
951 forum posts

You're correct in noting that Trailspace is oriented mostly toward backpacking, and we plan to remain focused exclusively on gear for human-powered backcountry recreation. While there are some areas or gear and clothing that overlap with gear for other activities -- car camping, alpine skiing, gym climbing, etc. -- we don't have any plans to expand into gear that's specific to those activities only.

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply