New Gear Review Categories

3:23 p.m. on September 28, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,079 forum posts

Hi folks,

Yesterday we added knives and multi-tools to Trailspace's gear reviews section:
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/knives-and-multi-tools/

This was long overdue and I'm glad it's now up. Check it out and add some reviews.

Now we're moving on to filling in other gear gaps in the product reviews and info section. I have a list of ones I want to add (first aid kits, bear safety items, food, and more), but wanted to hear suggestions from our community members too.

Are there types of gear you wish we included? Ever look for reviews in an area and didn't find what you needed? Let us know here.

Gear must stick to Trailspace's focus and be for backcountry, human-powered recreation, but otherwise I'm open to hearing all ideas.

Thanks!

8:49 a.m. on October 1, 2009 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Food would be intresting. But many of use make our own out pf regular supermarket stuff. Is this going to include recipes?

6:38 p.m. on October 1, 2009 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Alicia,

Sometime back I request that t3kwear be added to the gear review list. I have a couple of their L/S Crew Warm Play shirts and the wick very well and are antimicrobial. If you need to check them out first their website is http://www.t3kwear.com

Thanks

7:40 p.m. on October 1, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,079 forum posts

Rowdy, thanks for the brand suggestion. We did add them:
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/t3k/

Mike, it would be good to find a way to integrate recipes with food reviews and info. We'll keep that in mind. It's a good suggestion.

Anybody else?

9:43 p.m. on October 6, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,079 forum posts

Dog Gear info and reviews are now live:

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/dog-gear/

12:30 p.m. on October 7, 2009 (EDT)
63 reviewer rep
190 forum posts

Good additions Alicia. Even though I don't have a dog (Emily wants a puppy in the worst way too) many of our community members do. The knives and multi-tool review section looks sharp!

12:50 p.m. on October 7, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,079 forum posts

Yes, those two additions were definitely driven by listening to our forum members who love to talk about dogs and knives (um...separately that is). Don't let your dog get its own knife.

9:26 a.m. on October 8, 2009 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I have noticed that alot of reviews have no pictures. is there a way to upload a picture of the product by the reviewer?

7:49 p.m. on October 8, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,079 forum posts

I have noticed that alot of reviews have no pictures. is there a way to upload a picture of the product by the reviewer?

Good question, Mike. There isn't yet, though it's on the ever-growing list of features to add.

Product pages and reviews have pictures because either a) retailers from the where-to-buy info supplied a picture or b) we (Trailspace) added the picture to the site.

We do want to add a way for members to add pictures of their own gear, either because we don't have a picture otherwise, or because it can be useful to see the version someone else has.

12:14 a.m. on October 9, 2009 (EDT)
63 reviewer rep
190 forum posts

Absolutely love the "Edit Review" tab y'all (yeah I know) have incorporated into the mix. I am about to edit some reviews from the past, even though the Sox are getting it handed to them. In an attempt to redeem myself, it's wicked cool.

12:19 a.m. on October 9, 2009 (EDT)
63 reviewer rep
190 forum posts

Aww shoot, wicked bummer. Could we incorporate something like that?

2:03 p.m. on October 15, 2009 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

How about our fishing stuff.

September 30, 2014
Quick Reply