Pics

1:01 p.m. on January 21, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I had a thought during a recent post. Member pics is an area where we share photos of our gear, experiences, trips, etc.

I was using 2 pics(from a manufacturer)as an example to differentiate tent designs to another member. Now they are in my member pics. I don't want to delete them because of the fear that they may be deleted from my post as well(from experience.)

Is there anyway these "example pics" can be kept out of the "user pics" files when being used for explanation purposes only? Hope this makes a lil sense. Thanks.

11:42 a.m. on January 22, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

By design, your user photos page will show whatever you upload to Trailspace -- be it photos of your own trips or example photos of gear, etc. IMO, trying to add a way to hide certain photos while still making them accessible in posts would be confusing to others trying to view or find those photos, and would add unnecessary complexity to the interface for managing your photos.

I know this isn't really the answer you're looking for, but probably the best way to separate the two is, as you've done, to create separate albums.

12:35 p.m. on January 22, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Valid point. Thanks Dave.

8:16 p.m. on January 26, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,025 forum posts

Dave already answered this one, but I was also going to suggest sorting photos into albums. You could have a "gear" album, etc.

Hope that helps, Rick.

August 31, 2014
Quick Reply