About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Books etc in forum or gear review section?

12:21 p.m. on April 20, 2010 (EDT)
42 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

I have gotten some great recommendations from this site for backpacking books, mostly of the memoir type, and wondered if there was a possibility that the computer person could create a place for media-related products so that we could easily access and review them?

Thanks, Jon (armchair adventurer extraordinaire)

4:21 p.m. on April 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

Try here: http://www.trailspace.com/gear/books-maps-software/

Note we haven't included the "travel memoir" books but have focused more tightly on how-to books and guides

4:53 p.m. on April 20, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,910 forum posts

As Tom already pointed out, yes we do have books on the site, though primarily guide and skills books at the moment. We'll definitely consider the memoir side for the future. I agree that there are some great outdoors books out there, and I like getting recommendations from others.

For what it's worth, down the line we'll completely overhaul the organization of books and maps on the site to make it more user friendly.

5:37 a.m. on April 21, 2010 (EDT)
42 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

Thanks Tom and Alicia

I hadn't noticed the books in 'navigation tools'. I was thinking more along the lines of 'entertainment' media, such as memoirs, novels, movies, audiobooks, etc. Anything that might get people interested in the outdoors or absorbed in the recollections of others' adventures, especially in areas and activities yet to be experienced. "Deliverance" notwithstanding.

8:13 p.m. on April 22, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,910 forum posts

I hear you, Pathloser. Down the road when we reorganize the section we'll consider adding outdoor memoirs and the like.

10:36 p.m. on April 22, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
884 reviewer rep
3,432 forum posts

Thanks Tom and Alicia

I hadn't noticed the books in 'navigation tools'. I was thinking more along the lines of 'entertainment' media, such as memoirs, novels, movies, audiobooks, etc. Anything that might get people interested in the outdoors or absorbed in the recollections of others' adventures, especially in areas and activities yet to be experienced. "Deliverance" notwithstanding.

What's wrong with Deliverance?

I fish in that river and I ain't nev'r seen none of them kind of folk there. (sarcasm you know)

5:26 a.m. on April 23, 2010 (EDT)
42 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

If you gentlemen have a still near here, that's fine with us.

April 17, 2014
Quick Reply