emailed updates to forum posts

8:17 p.m. on June 9, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

Hi - a while back (late 2007?) when I first joined this site, there was some discussion here in the "feedback" section about a possible upcoming new feature which would enable us to 'follow' or 'subscribe' to threads in the forums ... at the time I think we discussed receiving email notifications of updates.

I drifted away for a while due to circumstances in my life, and now am trying to get more involved again in the groups. However, as much as I'd like to, there's just no way I can scan all the subjects in each forum each day to try to figure out where I've posted, and if there are updates to threads to which I've posted.

So I'm wondering if the "email notification" feature ever made it :).

Alternatively, is there a way I can just login and see "new posts since last login"? That still requires me to go looking for relevant ones, but it'd be better than having to scan every group.

Or, another alternative, "new messages since last login for threads to which you're subscribed".?

Just thought I'd ask since maybe this feature has been added and I just don't see it :)

Thanks!

-Bill

8:52 p.m. on June 9, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

I really like that idea too!

It would make it much easier to follow all the stuff I want to read about 8)

11:12 a.m. on June 10, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
946 forum posts

Email notification is still in the pipeline. It was originally scheduled for this month, but some big changes we're working on in the gear reviews section have taken quite a bit longer than expected. I know this is an important feature for a lot of you, and I apologize for the profound delays in getting it done.

3:53 p.m. on June 10, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

I often use the list of my "posting history" in my profile page to quickly pull up threads I've made or commented in and want to follow.

4:36 p.m. on June 10, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
946 forum posts

That's a clever idea!

12:25 a.m. on June 14, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

Thanks, I'm glad to hear it's in the works! And thanks gonzan for the alternative suggestion.

I'd have responded sooner but I didn't think to come back because I didn't know there were responses waiting, heh heh ;-)

7:22 a.m. on June 14, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
946 forum posts

touché

7:52 p.m. on July 21, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
946 forum posts

We finally launched our forum subscriptions / email notifications feature today. Details are in this blog post.

Thanks to bheiser1 and everyone else who has provided feedback and motivation to get this done.

12:23 a.m. on July 22, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

Big Round of Applause! :)

I came here to this thread to comment because I just noticed the "notify me of replies to this thread" as I submitted a comment!

Thanks! :)

October 25, 2014
Quick Reply