Add photos to a classified ad???

12:17 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

I am a new member. How do I go about adding photos to a classified add. Thanks for any help.

Peter

12:47 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,141 forum posts

Click on the icon above of the tree next to where its says Message in the greyish area and then click browse, you must have the image stored on your PC. You can also ad video, but it first needs to be added to Youtube. The filmstrip icon right of the tree picture is the video feed.

Okay?

1:05 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Gary,
I must be having a senior moment but I can't find anything that looks like a tree. All it says is post message. Sorry to be a pest.

Peter

1:17 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
148 forum posts

as you type a message in the box there are a few symbols above it. Bold, italic, strikethrough, blockquote, and then that nice little tree for insert /edit image.

1:18 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

Welcome to Trailspace, Peter.

When you're composing a message, you should see this toolbar at the top above the area where you're typing:

The icon I've circled in red is the "Insert/edit image" button. Click on that and you should get a window with options to upload a photo from your computer, link to a photo on another web site, or include a photo you've uploaded previously.

1:26 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

I really appreciate your help. When I first joined I did see the icons but now it just does not come up. I have tried everything.

1:31 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

Do you happen to have Javascript disabled in your browser? That would cause the icon bar to disappear. In that case, you should see a link titled "formatting options" at the top-right above the message entry area. Can you see that link?

1:34 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

I know what I did. When I was doing my profile I added a link but ibn abox below thta I saw another link which I deleted as I thought it was a mistake. That is the link that has the icons on it. hoe can I get it back.

1:38 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

YES

1:46 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

<p><br mce_bogus="1"></p>

1:56 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

<p><br mce_bogus="1"></p>

This is what I deleted. Have I TOTALLY messed everything up.

2:04 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

No, you haven't messed anything up! This appears to be a problem on our end.

I'm working on a fix, but in the meantime, you could try reloading the page while holding down the shift key. (That is, hold down the shift key and press the reload button.) That seems to temporarily fix it for me.

2:44 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

I think I've fixed the bug. Is it working for you now?

2:47 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

YES !!! Thank you very much.

2:48 p.m. on September 20, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

Great! Sorry for the hassle!

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply