There's an App for That

9:10 p.m. on December 9, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rei/id404849387?mt=8#

OK, so when will Trailspace for iPhone be released?  <big grin>

or will we have to resort to the REI app to read reviews while we're shopping? :D

(disclaimer:  I don't even have an iPhone yet, I'm still debating between iPhone and Android... but this part belongs in the Off Topic section :))

2:53 p.m. on December 13, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

Thanks, Bill. I'm not sure we'll be able to put together an app any time soon, but a mobile-friendly version of the site is on the to-do list.

9:27 p.m. on December 13, 2010 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Sorry Dave but Bill get the Android better operateing sytem.:) Dave thanks for this forum its very helpful.  thank you a bunch.Nice people.

11:48 p.m. on December 13, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Actually I ended up going with iPhone.  I think Android holds promise for the future.

Anyway, yeah, Dave, a mobile-friendly site would be good too :).

12:35 p.m. on December 14, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

I love my Android, and would not even consider getting an iPhone anymore.

10:33 p.m. on December 14, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

I seriously considered the decision between the two.  I think Android has tons of potential.  But I wanted a device that would, for sure, have any app offered by any company (I've yet to see an Android-only app).  Also, I'm very disturbed by the fragmentation of the Android market (e.g. some apps won't run on certain devices).  With iPhone, I pretty much know that any properly designed app for the IOS version I run will work on my device.  Lastly, I am on AT&T, and the only viable Android choice on this carrier wasn't the one I would choose.

I'll see how the iPhone goes, but so far I'm quite happy with it :).  It's leaps and bounds ahead of my Nokia E71x :).

6:16 p.m. on December 20, 2010 (EST)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

So many ideas pop into my head when I think of an iPhone/Android app for Trailspace. Scanning a bar code while I am in the store and it automatically pulls up the reviews for that item... so many possibilities.

7:56 p.m. on December 20, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

So many ideas pop into my head when I think of an iPhone/Android app for Trailspace.

I'm with you on that!

8:02 p.m. on December 20, 2010 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

yeah  Dave when I was at a retailer yesterday I was wondering the same thing... Would have been great to do a search on some stuff....

12:08 a.m. on December 22, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Actually this is part of what I had in mind.  Partly I'd like to be able to participate in the forums without being tied to a regular computer. But, more apropos to the site, being able to quickly access Trailspace reviews while shopping.

2:39 a.m. on December 22, 2010 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Bill totally agree. mobil access is at the forefront. The apps are Linux with java script. Thats just contacting a social media contractor to create the code. Would be a big hit!

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply