recent activity emails

7:24 a.m. on December 24, 2010 (EST)
121 reviewer rep
590 forum posts

It seems there is a delay in emails regarding recent activity. I just got an email today (12/24) about responses to my recent posting that happened at noon on the 23rd. 

Not a huge deal, but I had already seen and checked the recent posts, so when I got an email that there were more, went to check, and none were new.

10:46 a.m. on December 24, 2010 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,154 forum posts

That happens to me too, seems the posts don't send out till at least a day after I get them?

11:58 a.m. on December 26, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
17 forum posts

"I had already seen and checked the recent posts"

Is there an easy way to see the posts since my last visit instead of looking at each forum? 

One website, for example, allows one to quickly look at a list of the most recent posts and another website has red numbers showing recent posts by category.

2:20 p.m. on January 3, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

The email notifications are currently send out once a day in the early a.m. (ET) and they do not take into account whether or not you've viewed the thread recently.

For those of you who check in more than once a day, I will see if we can add a preference so you can control how frequently your emails are sent.

dj2: Are you talking about the same thing as in the "active topic" thread?

12:14 p.m. on January 5, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

You can now change your preferences to receive notifications more (or less) frequently than the once-a-day default. You can now specify whether you want to recieve emails weekly, daily, hourly, or as things happen. To change your setting, just go to your subscriptions page, select your desired frequency, and click the "Save" button.

9:13 p.m. on January 7, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Ohhhhh, I like the "as things happen" option.  Batch processing is so 1980's :)

Granted, I can't be checking Trailspace messages while I'm at work, but at least if I have a flurry of messages I know I need to check in when I'm done... rather than waiting til the next day to find out...

Thanks Dave!

9:18 p.m. on January 7, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

My pleasure, but I have to admit to a dirty little secret: even the "as it happens" option is batched, and on about a 5-minute delay. That gives us at least a fighting chance to catch and delete spam posts before they make it to your inbox.

9:28 p.m. on January 7, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

It's still cool, and it works, e.g. I saw that you posted this response, just a few minutes after you posted it, instead of waiting til tomorrow :).

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply