About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

unable to download pics in forum

10:19 a.m. on January 30, 2011 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

Hi, for the last week I have been unable to download pics in forum. I get "error on page" when I try.

7:37 p.m. on January 30, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
924 forum posts

Hi D-Dog-

Could you point me to a thread/post where you've noticed this problem?

Thanks
-Dave

11:54 p.m. on January 30, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

Hey Dave, I haven't noticed that problem, but I've notices a couple other strange ones-

Sometimes the cursor won't show up in the comment field at all. Sometimes you can still type normally after clicking in the field, but other times nothing happens at all when attempting to type. The strangest is that other times it puts  almost each new letter on a new line, as if there was a hard return after close to each character. I think I've noticed that it does this, albeit inconsistently,  if I start to type something, and then use backspace to delete it all, then start typing again.

I have been able to get around these bugs most of the time by navigating away from the page and then coming back. With the odd issue of putting each character on a new line I discovered that if I switch to text view then delete all characters and code, then switch back to visual view, it works normally.

I have experienced all of these instances on both my personal laptop and my employers desktop machine. Both are running XP. It has also occurred while using IE and Firefox.

Thanks Dave, sorry to give you another headache

4:01 a.m. on January 31, 2011 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

I just noticed that I can download pics from laptop and Imac, so it is just my pc. It started doing this after I downloaded a bunch of pics into an album on profile. I download my pics only to the pc though. I have this prob for any thread-just tested it.

4:23 p.m. on January 31, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
924 forum posts

D-Dog: If you have a miniute, could you walk me through the exact steps that you take, include when and how it fails? (including any error messages, etc.)  Thanks!

Gonzan: I have experienced the cursor problem myself, but haven't found the cause yet. I suspect that both may occur if you start typing before the editor (TinyMCE) has loaded completely. I'm on the lookout for a fix.

1:44 p.m. on February 1, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

Thank you for your dedicated work, Dave!

12:17 p.m. on February 5, 2011 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

Thank you Dave,

I click on reply on top left on any of the treads in forum. I scroll down to quick reply. I push the picture on insert/edit image. On the bottom left of my windows internet explorer page I get "error on page'. I need to point out that I can still down load pictures on my profile page. I am only getting this error on the forum page. I really enjoy this website. Thanks for supporting people like myself.

2:13 p.m. on February 7, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
924 forum posts

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem here. I suspect your browser may have cached a corrupted or incompatible version of the script that generates the file upload interface.

I would suggest clearing your browser's cache  Directions for most common browsers are available at http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Anybody else here having the same problem?

9:42 a.m. on February 10, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
924 forum posts

Gonzan: I've upgraded to the latest version of the editor software. Hopefully that will address the problem you've been having. Please let me know if it doesn't.

April 23, 2014
Quick Reply