Disturbing PM

11:43 a.m. on May 17, 2011 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

Hi, all you good folks, hope all is well and you are getting out more than I am at present.

I am a little perturbed at a PM I just found in my "inbox" and wonder if it can be erased? Evidently, even at almost 65, some lady of seemingly rather odd tastes is propositioning me and I find this a bit too much of a muchness, as my English nanny was wont to say.

Can you advise as to how I can delete this and any other such nonsense in the future?

Thanks muchly, this site is much better than any other backpacking forum I have ever seen and the only one I bother with, cheers, Dewey.

1:03 p.m. on May 17, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

hehe, it looks like Dewey has multiple personalities ;)

1:19 p.m. on May 17, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,169 forum posts

Oops, gonzan. That was me, while deleting Dewey's private message. I'll repost my answer now:

Hi Dewey,

Yes, you and about 80 others of us got that same spam message immediately after we introduced the feature. We're sorry about that.

The user was immediately banned and we've added some more anti-spam measures to the private message system.

If you get a spam private message dated now or in the future, please let us know. Otherwise, we'll hope that's behind us.

There's a thread on the topic here, if you're curious: http://www.trailspace.com/forums/feedback/topics/89015.html

As for deleting private messages, click on the X on the right at the end of the message thread: http://www.trailspace.com/member/messages/

It will be gone for good.

I went in and deleted yours for you.

Sorry for any confusion.

December 27, 2014
Quick Reply