About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

VIDEO: T-9 Boeshield

10:47 a.m. on November 22, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,394 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

This is a review of what I use on my metal that goes out into the backcountry.  I use it on my knives, some of my cook equipment (it is flammable though, so be careful), tent stakes, etc...  I like it on my stakes because I believe it helpes the dirt to fall away when I pull them.  I use it on my axe and saw as well.  I've used T-9 for over a decade, and it's a great waterproof protectant.

5:21 a.m. on November 23, 2011 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

I have and do use this a lot.

It is not for every use but it is good.

5:27 a.m. on November 23, 2011 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Yes, a little does go a long way.

For best result, wipe tools off with clean rag first.

Spray and move all moveable parts and wipe clean with clean dry rag.

If tool it still difficult to open, spray again and move all moveable parts again, wrap in rag that now has excess T-9 on it and let stand/sit/soak for the day or night, then move all parts again and wipe clean.

It you 80% clean cleaner at each cleaning then pretty soon you will be nearing 100% cleaned.

12:15 p.m. on November 23, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
884 reviewer rep
3,432 forum posts

Arson, if I had known you were a wood worker I would have liked you a lot more, a lot sooner haha. (totally joking)

Nice video, I have not used T-9 but I will try it out, I currently use Johnson's non silicone floor wax on my cast iron tables and Super Lube on the moving parts, gears and such.

According to the website, T-9 contains waxes and that is a plus for me and my needs.

Thanks for the video,

Mike G.

3:15 p.m. on November 23, 2011 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

It is not just for planes

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply