my washing instructions are too faded

12:30 p.m. on January 25, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

i have a moonstone cirrus jacket (synthetic insulated mid-layer) and the washing instructions have worn off. Anyone remember the wasking instructions? can't find anything on the web. If I have to go it alone i guess i would was warm and tumble dry low heat. 

Also, would a water-guard like revive ex be useful on this jacket (say, if i wanted to wear it out alone)?

5:05 p.m. on January 25, 2013 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,846 reviewer rep
1,316 forum posts

I would wash by hand, washing machines, especially top loaders wreak havoc on all items with baffeling. Then dry on NO heat with a few tennis balls. Be careful when lifting the wet item as to not rip the internal baffeling. Make sure you let as much water as possible drain out before lifting it, and when you do lift scoop it up and carry as much surface area as possible. DO NOT just grab a handful of material and attempt to lift it, this is how such items get damaged. Wash with warm water, with a very mild detergent.

For a DWR treatment just follow the instructions on the bottle. It varies on which brand you buy.

5:06 p.m. on January 25, 2013 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,846 reviewer rep
1,316 forum posts

I would wash by hand, washing machines, especially top loaders wreak havoc on all items with baffeling. Then dry on NO heat with a few tennis balls. Be careful when lifting the wet item as to not rip the internal baffeling. Make sure you let as much water as possible drain out before lifting it, and when you do lift scoop it up and carry as much surface area as possible. DO NOT just grab a handful of material and attempt to lift it, this is how such items get damaged. Wash with warm water, with a very mild detergent.

For a DWR treatment just follow the instructions on the bottle. It varies on which brand you buy.

5:51 p.m. on January 25, 2013 (EST)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

So Rambler, are you suggesting he washes it twice:)

Ed

10:58 a.m. on January 26, 2013 (EST)
21 reviewer rep
1,184 forum posts

I agree with Rambler, but would not use a dryer at all.  Lay it flat on a lawn chair outside and then put it on a fence to air dry.

October 2, 2014
Quick Reply