Watch band fix

3:00 p.m. on June 20, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,627 reviewer rep
1,272 forum posts

What do you do when your watchband breaks?  If your daughter makes parachute cord bracelets or if you bought one to wear, you use it for a new band.  I like it so much I don’t think I’ll bother replacing the busted band.  Of course this only works if you have pin-style watch bands and they weren’t destroyed at the same time as the band.  That’s a lot of ifs I know but just thought I’d share.

20130620_115032.jpg

11:38 a.m. on June 21, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
183 forum posts

Those pins are easy to replace.  Any jeweler has them.

And that's a cool watch band!

11:58 a.m. on June 22, 2013 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,288 forum posts

I once had my watchband break on me in the woods. I replaced it with a duct tape band. Only problem was that I could not take the watch off my wrist. 

I use duct tape for many outdoor repairs and things. Makes  good bandage with a piece of gauze over the cut. The duct tape stays on till I take it off. Most bandaids fall off if they get wet.

Duct-tape-bandaid.jpg

3:08 p.m. on June 22, 2013 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

cool parachute cord watchband. do you tie it on, or slip it on?

1:11 p.m. on June 24, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,627 reviewer rep
1,272 forum posts

Thanks Jester.  There's a loop with a little monkey-fist knot that goes through it for attachment. 

My daughter is really into making parachute cord bracelets right now and can tie more different knots than a 19th century sailor. She makes a little money for herself selling them at craft shows and custom making them for her friends. 

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply