Best glue for Boots? Rubber to leather.

12:08 p.m. on December 14, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I have a pair of One Sport. They have just been re-soled at cobbler.com. The soles are great, however, the rubber strip that surrounds the leather upper is already comming loose where the boot creases each step. I don't think it is worth it to send it back (shipping ect) Is their a good glue I can buy to fix this common problem. Where should I get it.

Thanks Mike

1:47 p.m. on December 14, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Folks use Barge cement to attach rubber soles to rock climbing shoes, so that should work well. Get it at any climbing store.

However, I've always just used Shoe Goo for minor repairs like that. If the leather and the rubber are clean, it works fairly well, i.e. I only have to redo it every couple years or so. Shoe Goo should be available at any sporting goods store.

Or, you could just call the folks who did your first repair and ask them what to do.

10:03 a.m. on January 30, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

I tried using pritstick to re attach the sole to my boots but this didnt work. I can't understand why not. I found that rubber bands work rather well too

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply