footprint for Eureka Scorpion

1:47 p.m. on February 27, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Hello List,
I ordered a tent footprint from Eureka and realised it had no pole clips or attachments. For 22$ Cnd I got a rectangular chunk of pvc ! What a rip-off ! I would much rather keep on using my modified tarp, although it does not do the job perfectly and is a hassle to set up. I see the pole attachments as a vital enhancement as when I want to move the tent , the whole thing follows as one piece. No worries.

Are there other footprint models out there (with clips) that would fit my Scorpion ?

Many thanks

10:57 a.m. on March 3, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

I've always been somewhat amazed that they sell those pieces of plastic for the prices they ask. Seems to me they are fairly heavy as well.

If you are at all handy with a sewing machine you could make one yourself. There are several fabric companies doing business on the web. owfinc.com is one. They carry all kinds of fabrics and hardware.

Failing that you could measure your tent corners and look for something the same or modifiable. Today's websites give amazing amounts of information. Check Sierra Designs and others. A good outdoor store should be willing to help you too.

I like Eureka's tents and have several. There is, however, no excuse for those ground cloths.

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply