Help with Herman Survivors boots ??

2:17 p.m. on August 22, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Gary

Hello, my name is Gary and I live in the U.K. I wondered if any of your readers could help me with a problem ? I v.recently bought a pair of Herman Survivor camouflaged hunters boots. They are brand new and I bought them from a gentleman on the internet. He is constantly trading new hunting apparel on eBay, although he deny's being a trader.

Unfortunately the first time I wore the boots, the R.H. boot leaks in water. Upon closer examination it was found to have a poorly finished area of stitching at the front side, where the reinforced leather eyelet strip terminated. It looks as though some stitches may have penetrated the waterproof layers.
I am having no joy with the seller and therefore I have being trying to obtain current Herman Survivor business contact details via the internet. This has been to no avail as I always get directed to stockists. Can anyone supply me with contact information for the business of "Herman Survivors" footwear, so that I can inform them of the problem with this brand new pair of boots. They cost me

2:34 p.m. on August 23, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Hello, my name is Gary and I live in the U.K. I wondered if any of your readers could help me with a problem ? I v.recently bought a pair of Herman Survivor camouflaged hunters boots. They are brand new and I bought them from a gentleman on the internet. He is constantly trading new hunting apparel on eBay, although he deny's being a trader.

Unfortunately the first time I wore the boots, the R.H. boot leaks in water. Upon closer examination it was found to have a poorly finished area of stitching at the front side, where the reinforced leather eyelet strip terminated. It looks as though some stitches may have penetrated the waterproof layers.

Sounds like this guy may be selling seconds - if the boots are seconds you may have no recourse. If the guy says he's "not a trader", could it mean he's not an authorized Herman retailer? If not, you may have no recourse indeed.

4:31 p.m. on August 23, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Gary Foster

Quote:

Quote:

HI. Thanks for replying. The guy selling the boots and allsorts of hunting apparell on eBay does not say he is not a trader. He says "he is not a shop". I pointed out to him that with 115 recorded sales this year on eBay then he is deemed to be a trader - wether he has registered with the authorities or not and also that this means he has responsibilities in law to myself - the customer. He has not responed to this particular thread as of yet in his latest e-mail reply. He is just being patronising and evasive at the moment. The boots are not advertised as "seconds".

I have tried to contact the firm of Herman Survivors via the internet but have been unable to find a current contact address. Does anyone out there have any info on this?
I intend to pursue this until it is resolved as I do not like being ripped off by dubious traders. In the long run - if the seller tries to evade his legal responsibilities, then I will bring it to the attention of certain legal authorities who will be interested in his profitable business activities. I'm not in this to make money, all I want is a usable pair of camo hunting boots.
Thanks again for replying...Regards...Gary

7:06 a.m. on August 27, 2003 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
951 forum posts

I keep hearing conflicting reports the Herman Survivors has either gone out of business or is still in operation. I haven't been able to confirm this either way, although the last couple times I tried to call the company I wasn't able to get an answer, or even an answering machine. Last known contact information is listed in the gear manufacturers directory at http://www.trailspace.com/gear/makers/herman

11:33 a.m. on September 2, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts
Herman Survivors is gone. Kaput. n/m

nm

4:26 p.m. on September 2, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Gary
Re: Herman Survivors is gone. Kaput. n/m

Quote:

nm

Thanks v.much for all information. The seller still deny's being a trader and will not replace or refund. The boots are useless. I won't buy anything over the net again unless it is from a registered dealer. Thanks, Gary.

6:45 a.m. on September 3, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts
Have you tried Cabella's?

I believe they have the very boots you are looking for.

9:43 a.m. on September 12, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Have you tried Cabella's?

Everybody in America knows that "Herman Survivors" boots
are one of the main sellers in all Wal-Mart stores.

4:06 p.m. on September 12, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

and your point is?

perhaps that it is true that Herman's can be found in towns that crown High School Corn Queens and have swine that end up on the race ballot for mayor.

Yee Haw Boys, Walmart still got them Herman's! Lets be gettin uptown and buy whats left.

1:22 p.m. on October 28, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

BUSCO BOTAS DE SEGURIDAD HERMAN SURVIVORS

SOU UN CIUDADANO DE ESPA

1:23 p.m. on October 28, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: BUSCO BOTAS DE SEGURIDAD HERMAN SURVIVORS

Quote:

SOU UN CIUDADANO DE ESPA

9:54 a.m. on November 7, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Just like Gary form the uk, i am having the same problems with my boots. i had them for two days and the right bottom of the boot fell off while i was wearing them. when i got home i realized that the left boot was also coming apart at the seams. i like gary can't get ahold of anyone to talk to about getting the money i paid on them back. I paid $55.00 for my boots and like many of you i am furious on the condition of the boots. I can't even wear them so they are sitting here collecting dust until someone gets back to me. You aren't the only one upset gary. i am to

3:38 p.m. on November 9, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Whenever I bought work shoes, it was always "Herman Survivors". For the last two years it was near impossible to buy except what the stores had it stock. The reason:
The Herman Survivor Shoe Company has sold all their work boot making capacity to "WalMart". Unfortunetly, the boots are no longer made in Poland. They are made in China. No disrespect to the Chinese, but the Poles made a better shoe. I am switching over to "Timberland or Wolverine". If you want the "new" Herman Survivors, go to WalMart. The Walmart brand of Herman Survivors do not include the old styles. They have brought out their own designs.

2:58 p.m. on November 13, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Well just to get ya started, I have owned Herman Survivors for several years with the thought made in the good ole usa meant that we were getting what we paid for! Well it's not what it used to be now it's all american made materials and put together in china huh! well just let me say they used to have a gaurntee with there boots the soles will wear out before the boots that isn't so anymore. Just tried to find them on the web but, no luck. I bought a pair of work boots and, haven't owned them for more than a month and the soles are already breaking through the bottom of the boot. now what can a person do since thier is no way to contact the company. Has the company moved to CHINA TO due to the "NAFTA" agreement like all the other big corps, have to get cheap labor and poor quality craftsmanship built quick and cheap not with quality in mind. I lost my job due to the NAFTA agreement when it first came about in the mid 80's to a person in elsavadorthat is where the company i used to work for moved there it cost less to get the same amount of work done but, they had more wrk per hr than pay . thats why we find everything made in another country now isn't that the truth thanks for listening to my bitching but it all comes in a nut shell we work and work and make the big corps. more powerful with our hard earned money so they can go to a third world country and aquire cheap labor for less wages and take the jobs away from hard working americans. thanks again to you and especially the politicans for helping the companies to get what they want and filling thier pockets with lobbing cash fo the politicans. thank mike.

1:26 a.m. on December 14, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: Herman Survivors is gone. Kaput. n/m

Quote:

Quote:

nm

I won't buy anything over the net again unless it is from a registered dealer. Thanks, Gary.

Gary it doesn't matter on EBAY if your seller is a registered dealer or NOT at the time of sale. I have seen this time and time again. The Ebay has it set up if a scammer wants out all they do AFTER they sell you something as a registered Ebayer is bail out become UNregistered or go off totally and come back on EBAY with a NEW name find another sucker. Ebay COULD correct this but they have never tried to. Their are other auctions that have years ago made a good shot at stopping this by registering you under a credit card name and ONE ONLY at that address etc. No matter if your change your name or not your going to need a new address, new credit card account etc in order to sell there AGAIN and it's not nearly as easy to do. I think Ebay should have some of the negative here as they do NOT even check the phone numbers to be working or anything of importance to the buyer. Seems all they care about is the money to me at times. So you are at risk on Ebay no matter what you buy the only thing you have to kinda go on is FEEDBACK by others make sure there is lots OF IT! If BIG money is in it I would check out phone numbers and every other thing FIRST before I bid. You might just look around ususally you can get it cheaper from a REAL dealer! lol Cheryl

7:25 p.m. on January 4, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Looking for an adress to send a pair of boots back for a defect..Any possibility of obtaining thiss. Thanks Pete

5:31 p.m. on January 29, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

I'm sorry, I can't believe what I'm reading. It's very dissapointing. I bought a pair of Herman Survivors 1000gm thinsulate hunting boot in fall of 1997, and I continue to wear them. I experienced a small tear on one shoe just this year, on the outside prior to the toe, due to wear only. I repaired it with a cement suitable for bonding leather and rubber, and they continue to keep my feet dry and warm in the worst conditions. They are getting old, and I have been checking out different brands for the last 2 winters, but I stick to my survivors. The soles are almost as they were when new, and I wear them A LOT. I think I'll continue with the mink oil or snow-seal, and keep these for as long as I can. I can't imagine finding better. These last two NY winters have been rough, but these boots are great. P.S. Not a chance of me buying ANY boot that says "made in China".

5:41 p.m. on January 29, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

The difference: Made in Poland, where extreme conditions require descent footwear for health and safety...OR made in China, where everyone wears sandals and health and safety are foreign concepts. The quest for cheaper manufacturing results in drastic reductions in quality. Throw them away, Gary. Invest in a pair of Danners. U.S.A. union made. My choice when my Hermans (Poland, NOT China) wear down to nothing. Good Luck.

2:11 p.m. on February 5, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

I too own a pair of hermans camo's and while they are very comfortable they seem to have a the same afliction that I've read over and over on this site and that is both boots are coming apart at the heel and toes. I guess I'll be back on my feet before long. Gary, atleast you still have one dry foot!
By the way..Walmart will not stand behind these boots, Ive tried and was told they were over a year old and there was simply nothing they could do.Walmart will continue to do business with non-American made producers for the obvius reasons, and I will continue to by only American made products. Walmart,you boys better wake up and smell the coffee your profits are shrinking for the right reasons!!!!

4:31 p.m. on February 6, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

herman survivors inc

200 business pk ste 100
armonk new york 10504 usa
ph 914-273-4499
hope this helps

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply