Herman Survivor boots

12:53 p.m. on March 2, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Would anyone know how to get in touch with the Herman boot company if it's still in business or who took them over? I have an old pair of Herman Survivor's that I bought in 1968 that are still going strong. I had to replace the soles a while back, after 30 years, but that's hardly something to fret over. Thank you.

5:15 p.m. on March 2, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

It seems this question comes up on a fairly regular basis. Try searching the archives under the name of the boots.

5:30 p.m. on March 12, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Would anyone know how to get in touch with the Herman boot company if it's still in business or who took them over? I have an old pair of Herman Survivor's that I bought in 1968 that are still going strong. I had to replace the soles a while back, after 30 years, but that's hardly something to fret over. Thank you.

Walmart carries them now.

9:34 p.m. on March 27, 2004 (EST)

Quote:

Walmart carries a small selection of these boots, I bought some about a year ago, and they are still going strong.

2:58 p.m. on September 22, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

BEST DAMN BOOT EVER, PERIOD!

11:03 p.m. on September 22, 2004 (EDT)

HELP----My husband will only wear these boots and since we have moved I have to drive two hours to get them. Can we please get some assistance. I need to find these boots somewhere other than Walmart.
Thanks

1:20 p.m. on November 11, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

i understand that Wal-Mart bought the name when the company went belly-up in the 90's. I have two pair of Herman's from Wal-Mart, the Seminole and the Houston, both slip-on work boots in the mid-$40 range. Both are great, so hopefully Wal-Mart is respecting the Herman name and having the boots made to a high standard of quality.

11:14 a.m. on November 17, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

I'm trying to find out who owns Herman Survivor now. I have a pair of boots less than 1 year old, and the seam has blown out between the leather upper and the sole. I'm trying to find out who to go to to complain.

1:08 p.m. on November 17, 2004 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
951 forum posts
Wal-mart

Herman Survivors is now owned by Wal-mart. See this page for more information: http://www.trailspace.com/gear/brands/herman/

7:59 p.m. on January 10, 2005 (EST)
(Guest)

I have bought 2 pairs of the Settler herman survivor boots, from wallmart. They are great for about the first month, after that both pairs start coming unglued around the soles, then the split all the way across the soles. I have not been impressed.

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply