MSR Zoid 1 Tent Questions

12:30 a.m. on August 11, 2005 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Who has used this tent in the backcountry? I just picked mine up from REI this evening and set it up in the living room. Several questions immediately presented themselves:

1. How do you guy out the fly? Mine came with no guy-out loops. Especially, how do you keep the head of the fly (opposite the vestiblule) from sagging against the body or flapping in a strong wind?

2. I ordered the optional footprint. While it fits perfectly underneath the tent body, the foot webbing loop is too short. This means that I'll have to use an extra stake just to secure the foot of the footprint. Anyone else had this problem? Or did MSR just use the wrong length webbing on my particular footprint?

3. The roof vent looks like it might rub against the tent body when opened...which looks to me like a condensation problem. Anyone had this problem?

I haven't pitched this tent outside yet, so I can't get it very taught. Still, I know enough about tents to forsee some possible concerns.

Any info from hikers that have used this tent in the backcountry is greatly appreciated.

10:53 a.m. on August 13, 2005 (EDT)
(Guest)

http://backcountry-equipment.com/tents/msr_zoid1.html

Try this link and see if it can help you. Good luck

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply