Opinions on speedlaces

12:06 a.m. on November 29, 2006 (EST)
22 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

My new trail runners came with speedlaces. Do they stay tight? Also, it looks like the only way to remove them is by cutting them, which I don't want to do.

Thanks

Mike.

9:29 p.m. on November 30, 2006 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
941 forum posts

I've had good luck with the speedlace system on the Merrell Overdrive. It's definitely quicker for small adjustments on the trail, and I haven't had any problems with them loosening up. No experience with other brands though.

Give the speedlace a try and see how it works for you. If you don't like them, it shouldn't be a problem to cut them out and replace with regular laces.

You can't really go back to the speedlaces once you've cut the loop. (Unless you're handy at splicing and un-splicing cord. The Merrells' cord ends are sewn together, with the joint hidden inside the rubber pull tab.)

1:59 p.m. on February 19, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

I had some Air Force issue all leather boots that came with a speed lace system, but i don't think this is what you are referring to. Still, those boots were the best to lace up in the morning. Not comfortable, but wicked faster than any boot I've ever tried.

August 23, 2014
Quick Reply