About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Prducts from Hermans Survivor Shoes

8:21 a.m. on November 30, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

I recently bought a pair of boots from Wal-Mart. Two weeks later my shoe strings broke. I'm having trouble finding the right replacement. Is there a store or place where I can go to find shoe strings for these boots?
I live in STockbridge, Ga in the Atlanta area.
Bill

10:51 a.m. on November 30, 2006 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,249 reviewer rep
5,186 forum posts

Long ago, I quit buying boot laces. What I do now is buy accessory cord (the static type, not the stretchy type). This is a 2 mm diameter cord that is often sold in a 50 foot length for tent guy line (sometimes called "parachute cord", although it isn't used for parachutes). Measure the old boot laces and cut to length (72 inches is the more or less standard boot lace length). Since it is nylon (or a related material), you can cut it with a "hot knife", or if you use a regular knife, melt the ends to seal them (use a piece of metal like a nail to shape the molten nylon to a point). Works better than store-bought laces. Almost any sporting goods store will have the accessory cord.

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply