About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Princeton Tec Quad malfunctioning

9:37 p.m. on January 30, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
181 forum posts

I have a Princeton Tec Quad headlamp that is relatively new, maybe 10 hours on it. The Quad is supposed to have 3 brightness modes of continuous light and 1 mode of flashing light. Tonight, it started acting up. When I switch through the modes, the middle and low modes stay at high level. So instead of high-middle-low-flashing-off, it goes high-high-high-flashing-off.

I have written PT about this, as I couldn't find any troubleshooting for this anywhere. What has anyone else's experience with PT headlamps been and how do they honor defective merchandise? This supposed has a 10 year warranty, but I purchased it new off EBay.

Thanks for shedding any light on the subject (how's that for a pun?)

Blackbeard

9:04 p.m. on January 31, 2007 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
1,742 forum posts

Steve, I had an Aurora that also had a bad switch-I got mine at REI so just took it back and got another one. However, I'd call Princeton and tell them what happened. A call will usually get a better response than an email. My guess is the switch is the weak link in these things. Other than that, I love mine. The Quad looks even better. I'd bet they honor the warranty. They're a big company and so fixing a few lemons shouldn't be a problem for them.
Their number is 609-298-9311.

5:29 a.m. on February 1, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
181 forum posts

Well, it a matter of misunderstanding the functions this time.

The Quad has a low battery indicator, which did not come on, so I assumed it wasn't the batteries. I got the manual out and reread it, and found a little section on problems due to low voltage batteries that fit my situation to a T. I replaced the batteries and all is well.

So what's the low battery indicator for? PT never returned my email, and that's a little disturbing, unless they figured I'd figure it out after I RTFM again.

Sorry for the bother and thanks for the help.

Steve

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply