sleeping bag zip

1:54 p.m. on February 3, 2007 (EST)
(Guest)

i am in the armed forces and have a few softie sleeping bags off a couple of mates all of which the zips are broken we were wondering if you might be able to repair or replace them as they are a good bit of kit which we are reluctant to chuck out for what seem's to be some kind of defect

1:03 p.m. on February 4, 2007 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

Zippers can usually be repaired or replaced. Find a gear shop in your area and ask them who does their repairs. Some stores will have repair departments, but most probably send out this kind of work to a specialty repair shop. Also, look online. I know of several places in the US that do this kind of work, but it sounds from your post that you might be in the UK.

12:34 p.m. on February 19, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

I'm sure you could take it to your local tailor shop. They can rip out the old zip and sew a new zip like a professional. They might even have catalog or supply shop to buy the long, heavy duty zipper from.

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply