About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Best re-proofing product?

7:33 p.m. on March 11, 2007 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hi. After a couple of lengthy backpacking trips my Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3's groundsheet now leaks like a seive (disappointing... I've no idea why, I've always treated it well) and I instantly get wet knees when kneeling in it. I was considering chucking it (sob) because of this and a few small holes. I'm prepared to make one last effor to reserrect this tent that I love so much though so I need to know how to go about reproofing the floor. I hear that Aquaseal Poly Coat is good stuff, but I don't know where to get it in the UK. Also, the aquaseal website says to apply it on the opposite side to the factory coating, which doesn't sound particularly viable in the long term. Is Nikwax Texnik any good? I am reluctant to carry an extra ground sheet due to the additional weight.

10:20 a.m. on March 12, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

I have never used Nikwax; however, I have used ReviveX which I have head great results, just make sure its compatible with the fabric of your groundsheet.

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply