Eureka Solitaire

3:24 p.m. on April 30, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hello, I have a Solitaire that I got as a hand me down. It is in a nice, roomy stuff sack I was told is not the original one. I have the poles in what I believe is the proper stuff sack, it is about 17"x4". I want to find the best way to carry this tent. I can't stuff it in that 17x4 althougth that is the advertised size?!?
Would I be best just to stuff it in my bag lose and last? Or should I look for a better size stuff sack?
Thanks

1:10 a.m. on May 1, 2007 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

Two issues-for long term storage, make sure it's dry and then you can just take it out of the bag and fold it up loosely and stick it in the closet or somewhere dry. That keeps it from getting any mold or otherwise damaging the fabric. For hiking, pretty much anything it will fit in will work fine. The stock bags are often so small that once you unpack it, they are hard to get back into the original bag without really taking time to do it.

2:04 p.m. on May 1, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks, that clears up my doubts. I thought that was the right bag, but after 5 minutes I didn't have it half way in.

11:11 a.m. on May 2, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Try folding the tent into to sections so its close to the stuffsacks lenght. Then, with the poles at the opposite end of the door use them to roll up the tent. This way allows any air thats trapped to escape thu the door. Ooops forgot to tell you to place the fly ontop of the folded tent. This should allow you to get the tent wrapped up tight enough to get it in the bag.
Another train of thought is to pack the poles sepparately allowing for a smaller pack size.

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply