Eureka Timberline Outfitter 4

8:53 p.m. on May 16, 2007 (EDT)
(Guest)

The floor of the tent is VERY flakey. How do you stop this from happening or fix it?

10:09 a.m. on May 17, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,079 forum posts

Once this has started you really can't stop it as far as I know. You can peel the stuff off and recoat the floor with some after market products. Since this is the floor and not the fly, you can simply cut a piece of plastic tarp and lay that inside your tent on top of the pelling floor and you will now have a waterproof floor. This is quick and easy and costs under $5.

I discovered by accident last summer that soaking coated nylon in an amonia based cleaner will eat the remaining coating off in seconds. Doing this will be a good start if you wish to recoat the floor. Campmor and REI sell products to recoat the floor.

3:56 p.m. on May 17, 2007 (EDT)
(Guest)

Thank you! I am a scoutmaster and have inherited many "problems" with the tents. I did talk to Eureka and they are helping me with most of them. It sounds like from your discription that a scout tried to clean the tent with something. What has also been brought up is that a scout could have wet the bed and NOT cleaned it up. I am leaning twords the former as when I examined the rest of the inside of the tent, it is all peeling. I guess it will still be a good tent if I soak it, just not for rainy weather. The fly is in perfect shape.

Thanks,

Grody Rowe

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply