Tent ground cloth and tent pole repair.

1:55 p.m. on January 15, 2008 (EST)
(Guest)

What's the best way to use a tent ground cloth? Is it okay if it sticks out a little? Our tent leaked last weekend, not sure if it's the seams that need sealing and/or the ground cloth too big. We have a Columbia Buggaboo, the ground cloth we use hangs out at the corners and at the front door due to the rectangular ground cloth shape vs the tent foot print.
Yes I will be seam sealing too. This is the second time it's leaked. Other than that, good tent and easy to set up, but gotta watch that front zipper.
Also - how do you fix the bungee cord for the tent poles when it breaks? My 8 year old was helping me set the tent up and oopps...

5:20 p.m. on January 15, 2008 (EST)
25 reviewer rep
123 forum posts

No it's not O.K for the ground cloth to stick out a little. When the rain runs down the side of your tent and hits the ground cloth it flows under(and consequently in) your tent. I learned that the hard way:) Your cloth should be just slightly smaller than the tent so the rain does not pond on your ground cloth and is free to seep into the soil.

5:23 p.m. on January 15, 2008 (EST)
25 reviewer rep
123 forum posts
6:18 p.m. on January 15, 2008 (EST)
(Guest)

Jeffery:
Thanks for the info and the link. I will try that and the seam sealer and report back soon.

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply