About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Help with TNF Dome Tent Model

2:26 a.m. on April 22, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
89 forum posts

I have a aqua colered North Face Dome Tent. It probably was rated 3 person. It has 3 poles and a vestibule pole for 4 poles total. I think it is the windy pass or VE-23. The vestibule comes to a V shape out in front of the door. The tent has only one door. It has 2 windows. Does this sound like the windy pass or the VE-23. I could also use some ideas for re-waterproofing as I have removed the factory waterproofing. I'm new so Hi to all;should be taking my first backpacking adventure later in the year to Northern WI probably Nicolet. I have camped in tents forever and have a few rare ones like this and a SierraWest Mobile Dome 2. First Hike should be about 4 miles. It will be just getting my feet wet but I am looking forward to it. Just got a pack coleman peak 1 with the plasic external frame. Will this do for a solo beginner? I could turn into a gear head I already have 4 Stoves and havn't even went anywhere yet.

8:00 p.m. on May 1, 2008 (EDT)
195 reviewer rep
1,158 forum posts

I used a Windy Pass dome tent(like the VE24 and made by North Face)on a long backpacking trip thru Virginia/Shenandoah and points elsewhere. I believe the color scheme is different with the Windy Pass than with the VE24. I believe when the Windy Pass came out(circa 1987-88), it was advertised as a North Face knock-off(off-shore?), while the VE24 was made in the US.

9:20 p.m. on May 1, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
89 forum posts

Thanks Tipi I just found a Windy Pass Stuff sack. Let me know if you need it. It is smaller than my stuff sack for my VE-23?

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply