TNF Warranty: Do they replace snow skirts on the mountain guide?

9:57 p.m. on January 25, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I recently got a North Face mountain guide jacket off of ebay and they snow skirt has been cut off. do you know if they can replace that?

12:44 a.m. on January 26, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
24 forum posts

I would give their warranty dept. a call or drop them an e-mail. I don't think it will be covered under their lifetime warranty as the skirt was purposely removed. They will for a reasonable fee make repairs at their warranty center in San Leandro Ca. They may not have a skirt to match the vintage you have, but they may be able to install a later version. They have made several repairs for me in and out of warranty.

12:13 a.m. on February 4, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

i appreciate the response. i'll contact north face. thanks again.

9:34 p.m. on April 15, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

They probably wont fix it - I recently asked for TNF warranty dept. to relaminate and repair some leaky spots on my Search & Rescue and all they wanted to do was cut me a check - rather than fix the problem..

9:57 p.m. on April 15, 2009 (EDT)
71 reviewer rep
440 forum posts

IIRC, TNF specifically states on their website and elsewhere that they do NOT do relamination work. And, frankly, for good reason, as I understand it. I'm told it's very difficult to do that sort of thing and have it (a) last and (b) look satisfactory to the user.

Although in recent years I think TNF has gotten too frou-frou and concerned with selling stuff to people who want to look like they just got back from climbing Kilimanjaro in time to take the Hummer through the car wash, I will say that they've been good to deal with when I've contacted their customer service and warranty departments. They sell a lot of stuff to the "more money than sense" crowd, and their catalog reflects that, I think. But they do still make some quality gear, and I think it's worth checking with their repair folks to see if they can replace the snow skirt. Worst that can happen is they say "no", right?

October 26, 2014
Quick Reply