FYI Kelty Customer Service & Warranty

1:50 p.m. on August 7, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Recently I (in my opinion) had a pretty big issue with a piece of Kelty Gear that was only 6 months old. After dealing with the issue closely with Kelty representative’s and after a couple of minor set backs. I came away from the situation 110% satisfied with the outcome of this situation. Further more I have had other dealings with Kelty in the past and I have always been completely satisfied with the level of service I received.

In conclusion I will say that Kelty still is and always has been one of those company’s that goes the extra mile and takes excellent care of there customers and there needs. I will also say that I would have no worries about customer support or warranty when I purchasing other Kelty products. And I would defiantly recommend Kelty products to anyone looking for quality gear with good customer support.

Thank You Kelty for a job well done

11:33 p.m. on August 8, 2009 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,251 forum posts

And I would defiantly recommend Kelty products to anyone looking for quality gear with good customer support.

Still being defiant, eh, mike? ;)

Actually, I agree that Kelty has remained a good company, despite being long removed from when Dick Kelty was running the whole thing out of his garage in Glendale. All too often, when a small company ends up as a part of a huge conglomerate (K2 in Kelty's case, which is now a subsidiary of a larger conglomerate), the personality and style of the original company disappears.

11:54 p.m. on August 8, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Bill - ya ya ya oops lol

Yes that is true I was very surprised to see how hard and how far they went to please me in this situation.

11:16 p.m. on August 9, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

My favorite backpack to date is a Kelty Coyote, the thing just fits me very well. I did have to make a few mods to the compression system and bottle holders, beef up the hip belt etc, but for the money, well, it is one tough pack!

I have also found Kelty to be easy to work with, I have ordered pack parts from them, and in the early days I had a few newbie questions which the rep took the time to answer very courteously.

That means a lot to me.

3:53 a.m. on August 10, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

trouthunter I thought about getting a Coyote but I like this sleeping bag compartment option and the Coyote doesn't have one so I went with the Beam 82 which has a sleeping bag compartment (or does it) there is no divider so its more like a lower access O-Well. It still is a really nice pack I will review it next week after my next trip.

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply