About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Broken Tent pole

6:42 p.m. on February 1, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

My tent from Northeast Outfitters (Dick's brand) 8 person, I broke the pole that supports the overhang to the entrance, it is about a 1/4 in thickens, about 48' long and both ends tapper down to a dull point. Three section make up this length ( I can get the exact lenght when neccessary); can anyone tell me where I can get a whole new pole or a new section?

I can find the model number of the tent.

Greg

7:20 p.m. on February 1, 2010 (EST)
59 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

There are a couple of tent pole replacement companies on the Internet. They may be able to tell you exactly what you need or if you can give them the dimensions they could likely find a section for you to replace the broken section. Worst case you could measure the entire length of pole and replace it with an equal length of all new sections. You can purchase pole sections, shock cord and ends and just build your own. It's pretty easy. I recently found aluminum sections for about $5 US per 18 or 26 inch section. I have not purchased my poles so I can't vouch for the companies but ordering was pretty easy (I didn't click submit because in the end replacing an entire tent's with of poles ended up pretty expensive!). Just do a google search for tent pole replacement and you should see a couple near the top.

Mike

8:24 p.m. on February 1, 2010 (EST)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts
8:42 p.m. on February 1, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
153 forum posts

I broke one a while back. REI was able to fix it for a reasonable price.

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply