About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

tent bag for Moss Olympic

2:22 p.m. on February 9, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hello,

I have a Moss Olympic tent that was only used twice and is in like new shape, but the tent bag had some mildew on the outside coating only. I basically ruined it by putting in the washing machine and am wondering if anyone has an idea where I might pick up a replacement bag. Thanks for any help.

5:48 p.m. on February 10, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Try here These folks all used to work at Moss. Do you still have the Moss tag in good shape?

8:02 p.m. on February 10, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

thanks abman47. the Moss handle is in perfect shape. I find it interesting that the stains to the bag were actually on the coating and not the fabric. Where the coating peeled off the fabric is completely clean. What do you think of peeling off all the coating and then recoating it? I soaked it in oxyclean and detergent and the coating got soft and peelable, but upon drying restuck to the nylon.

3:47 p.m. on February 11, 2010 (EST)
10 reviewer rep
457 forum posts

Easier to buy a new one or even make one.

http://thru-hiker.com/projects/silnylon_stuffsacks.php

April 17, 2014
Quick Reply